Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
NervousFred NervousFred is offline

Default Date Stamp when info is updated

Hrmm didn't think of that.

How would I do that in a query in access? My data that I use to import into
excel is a query of a larger database.

Also would each date remain the same and only update if its corrisdoning
cell updated or would all of the dates update each time the query was
refreshed.

As I said earlier, I just need each date to update ONLY if the price next to
it CHANGES.

"XP" wrote:

Hi,

I have handled this before by including an "Update" date column in the
MS-Access table, and then capture the date and time each record is updated in
MS-Access. Then when you import your records into Excel, the info is already
there...perhaps this would work?

"NervousFred" wrote:

I have an excel table that is imported from Access. I have a column named
Price and I need a column next to it called Date that will show when that
specific price is updated.

I have been searching around and most of the things I have come across have
not been working becuase everythime I update the entire table the dates
change with the table.

I need something that will only change when a specific cell changes.

Thanks!