Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] james.billy@gmail.com is offline

Default Can't select range

On Jul 26, 12:05*am, salgud wrote:
The following code works until the last line:

Option Explicit

Public Sub TribalInvCheck()
Dim wbTribalHist As Workbook
Dim wbTribalTR As Workbook
Dim wsTribalTR As Worksheet
Dim wsTribalHist As Worksheet
Dim rTRCell As Range
Dim lTRRow As Long
Dim lHistRow As Long
Dim rFoundID As Range
Dim sTRID As String
Dim rTribalHist As Range
Dim lHistCol As Long

Set wbTribalHist = ThisWorkbook
Set wbTribalTR = ActiveWorkbook
Set wsTribalTR = ActiveSheet
Set wsTribalHist = wbTribalHist.Worksheets("Historical")
'Range set temporarily until I can find out how to set the range to the
longest column in the range
Set rTribalHist = wsTribalHist.Range("A3:Iv150")

'Application.ScreenUpdating = False

If ThisWorkbook.Name = ActiveWorkbook.Name Then
* MsgBox "Please do not run this macro from the workbook that contains it."
_
* * & Chr(10) & "Please select a Turnaround Report and then restart this
macro."
* Exit Sub
End If

Set rTRCell = wsTribalTR.Range("A3")
sTRID = rTRCell.Value

Set rFoundID = rTribalHist.Find(sTRID, LookIn:=xlValues)
'wsTribalHist.Activate
'rFoundID.Select

lTRRow = 3
lHistRow = rFoundID.Row + 2
lHistCol = rFoundID.Column

wsTribalHist.Activate
wsTribalHist.Range(Cells(lHistRow, lHistCol)).Select <--- Method range of
object worksheet failed

End Sub

Any ideas why it doesn't recognize this range?
Thanks!

When you stop the code (i.e. put a breakpoint in) what are the
variables lHistRow and lHistCol, to me the only thing that would make
any sense is if it wasn't finding sTRID. Either that or the active
workbook wasn't wbTribalHist, aslong as the activeworkbook is
wbTribalHist (so try changing the wsTribalHist to wbTribalHist) the
range should then select (I think).

James