Bernie Deitrick

Peter,

=VLOOKUP(Cell with code,Table with codes and sunrises,2,False)

where Table with codes and sunrises has the airport as the first column, with sunrise as the second
column.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Peter Barrett" wrote in message
Apologies - I think my oil filter is blocked and my brain is lacking all
lubrication!

I cannot owrk out what function to use to select values from a table - can
anyone please advise?

In simple terms, I am trying to manipultae data as shown below:

Input Output
TABLE OF DATA

Date Airport Sunrise FRA
MAN
1 August 2005 MAN 04:25 03:54 04:25
2 August 2005 FRA 03:56 03:56 04:26

For each row, I want to input an airport (e.g. MAN, FRA) and obtain the
correct sunrise time for that airport. There is a table of daily sunrise
times for the airports - which is from where I want to be able to extract the
data.

Can anyone tell me how to do this - I have tried LOOKUP without any success.

Thanks in advance

Peter