Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
steven steven is offline

Default Screen looks strange

It is just the dropdown list area I am talking about. You might have to try
this code to make it clearer. What happens is when the open file dialog box
shows then if I click on the File Types the list drops down. Then for
instance if I select Text files it will put text files in the field but below
it will be a big grey square. That does not happen on using the regular Open
File off the menu.

Thanks for your help.

Steven

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

I am missing the point here, it already has an option of All Files.

Do you mean different code, if so can you show it, or do you mean you select
All Files?

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Steven" wrote in message
I have the following code:

Dim fn As Variant, f As Integer
fn = Application.GetOpenFilename("All Files (*.*),*.*,Excel
Files (*.xls), *.xls,Text Files (*.txt), *.txt,Comma Separated (*.csv),
*.csv", _
2, "Select One Or More Files To Open", , True)
If TypeName(fn) = "Boolean" Then Exit Sub
For f = 1 To UBound(fn)
Workbooks.Open fn(f)
Next f

Now If I change from Excel to All Files the dropdown area where the file
types list was is now solid grey. Why is that?

Thank you,

Steven