Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ker_01 Ker_01 is offline

Default Deploying custom toolbar and custom icons

I just found a utility on Andy Pope's site that appears to save an existing
button icon- I'll try it out, and if I have problems I'll post again.
Thanks!
Keith

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
For additions to the worksheet menu bar, I really like the way John
Walkenbach
does it in his menumaker workbook:

Here's how I do it when I want a toolbar:
http://www.contextures.com/xlToolbar02.html
(from Debra Dalgleish's site)

And if you use xl2007:

If you want to learn about modifying the ribbon, you can start at Ron de
Bruin's
site:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm
http://www.rondebruin.nl/qat.htm -- For macros for all workbooks (saved
as an
addin)
or
http://www.rondebruin.nl/2007addin.htm

In xl2007, those toolbars and menu modifications will show up under the
addins.

ker_01 wrote:

I'm working on a custom toolbar for a workbook I'm building (plenty of
buttons, including custom icons). We've decided to stick the workbook on
the
network and have other folks access it as well. What is the preferred
method
for ensuring the toolbar is available for all users when they open the
workbook?

It's been years since I had to deploy a custom toolbar, and that was in
Word97 via a template- whereas this is in Excel2003, and it is an active
workbook (not a template). I googled and found a lot about building a
custom
toolbar via code, but there were references to issues with custom icons,
and
I'm hoping there is a way to just keep the toolbar connected to the
workbook
without having to generate it via code for each user.

Thanks for any advice,
Keith

--

Dave Peterson