Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
FSt1 FSt1 is offline

Default How can we look for a number in different spreadsheets?

hi
yes you can.
on the find dialog, click options. in the within combo box, choose workbook.
the find will now search the entire workbook.
i am not sure when this feature was introduced but i am fairly certain i was
using it in 2000 and now in 2003. not sure about 2007 but i can see why MS
would remove it.
if your version of excel don't have the option feature see this site.
http://www.jkp-ads.com/officemarketplaceff-en.asp
it's a free addin called flexfind and it will search the entire workbook.

Regards
FSt1

"nish" wrote:

Hi Guys

How can we look for a number in different spreadsheets? For example, I
have 10 spreadsheets in a workbook (all of them with data) and I want
to look for a number or a name while I do not know in which
spreadsheet this numer or name is, how can I look for it? I know we
cannot use Ctrl + F, as it only works in the active spreadsheet. Any
help???