Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Megglesface Megglesface is offline

Default Question regarding the use of SUM in relation to text cells

Actually just thought, instead of having the identifier as 'leeds' would it
possible to have as the colour of the text? some of the cells are written in
red and some are blue, so could that formula add up the number of red cells
for example?

"Megglesface" wrote:

I have a worksheet with 3 columns of cells, each cell with a name and address
in it. Down the left hand side there are area categories, like London or
Leeds.
I want to have a total at the bottom that displays the number of cells for
each area.
For example, it says Leeds on the left, then there are two names in column
a, 1 in column b, and three in column c.
I need a formula that I can put in a cell below this that will total the
cells and display 6.

anyone know if this is possible?