Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter T Peter T is offline

Default Conditional formatting based on different sheets

Various ways, here are a couple

On the sheet you want to CF your cells, include a helper that simply refers
to your If formula on the other sheet

Name your If formula cell, eg "myIf"
then for your CF, Formula Is, =myIf=123

change the 123 as required, or simply =myIf if the formula evaluates to true
(eg a number)

Of course another way would be to replicate your If formula on the CF sheet

Regards,
Peter T

"VoxBox-Richard" wrote in message
How can I make a cell change colour based on and IF statement.

I want one cell to go red if the value in another cell is negative, but

the
two cells are on different sheets so I can't use conditional formatting.

Thank you.

Richard