Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Harish Harish is offline

Default Need help to read data from a text file

Hi,

Thanks for your help. I tried the macro and your suggestion and i find
that there is a poor organization of data. The numbers are all over
the place in excel spreadsheet and this doesn't give me what I need. I
tried the second suggestion on the website which is txt files with a
Fixed Width but the problem is some of the numbers on some rows has a
fixed width while other rows doesn't have fixed width. The criteria i
want to put in the code is in every 1st row of the data, the 5th
number has to be read and put in a spreadsheet. I can send you the
file that has the data so you could analyze and tell me what
components to correct in the code. Let me know if you want to do that.
Thanks

Mahadevan Swamy