Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Wigi Wigi is offline

Default Use VBA to Enter Break-Mode?

Hello

You could have a look at the EnableCancelKey Property in the helpfiles.

--
Wigi
http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music

"RayportingMonkey" wrote:

I run a lot of code on a remote computer. The problem is that sometimes the
code hangs up, or the job runs longer than anticipated and I need to break
the code. unfortunately, sometimes I can't even remote into the machine or
Ctrl-Break isn't recognized.

I played with setting up a watch that breaks the script if a file named
pause.excel appears at a specific location - this did allow me to force the
code to enter break mode on a remote computer by creating the file
pause.excel from my laptop.

I haven't played with the watch feature until now so to test it I savd the
file, launched from another computer and looked at the watch, but it was
empty.

Is there VBA that I can put in the On-open statement that would Add my
critera for a Watch?

Or is there another way to force Excel into break-mode from a remote computer?
--
"Trying to make reports so easy... even a monkey could run ''em!"