Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
rmellison rmellison is offline

Default Change NumberFormat and Cell Fill Colour in SELECT CASE Construct

Hi,

I'm using the Select Case construct for conditional formatting on my
spreadsheet. The data is live linked to a SharePoint table, so when updated,
is pulled through in Text format. Within this data there may be some dates,
which are shown as Text in the format "dd/mm/yyyy" when pulled through. I
need to turn these into Excel dates (ie 39652, formatted as 'Date') and
format these cells according to whether or not they are prior to TODAY().

I'm not a VB coder - most of the Case constructs have been adapted from
online example. Here's what i've written for this particular Case:

For Each Cell In Rng1
Select Case Cell.Value
Case "##/##/####"
Cell.NumberFormat = "dd/mm/yyyy"
Cell.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone
Cell.Font.Bold = False
If Cell.Value < TODAY() Then
Cell.Interior.ColorIndex = 4 'Green
End If
End Select
Next

I think there are several things that could be wrong here, mainly
'##/##/####' and Cell.Value < TODAY(), but no idea how to correct. Any
advice, or an easier way to do this automatically would be appreciated.