Gord Dibben

Vincnet

The Blank workbook that opens using File New...(note ellipsis)Blank Workbook
is not the BOOK.XLT you stored in the XLSTART folder.

I use the other FileNew command(the one without the ellipsis...) or the New
File button on the Toolbar. Either of those will give you your default
BOOK.XLT directly from your XLSTART folder.

If not on your File Menu, go to ToolsCustomizeCommandsFile and drag the
"New" command to the File Menu.

Check out the descriptions of the two "New" commands while you're there. You
will see the difference between the two.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 08:55:40 -0700, "Vincnet." wrote:

Hi Dave,
I was very interested in your post. I've tried to save a customized template
named "book.xlt" in my folder XLStart (the one under the Program Files
folder), and I've been surprised to see a book.xlT when opening XL.
Furthermore, when I insert a sheet, or when I create a new workbook, the new
items are not customized but use the "standard" parameters of XL... Have you
any clue which could explain that?
Thanks