Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default random numbers

In D1 enter:

=IF(ROW()C$5,"",RANDBETWEEN(1,C$3)) and copy down
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200795

"tomic" wrote:

I am trying to generate a list of random numbers based on the results in a
couple cells.

Cell C3 contains a number that is input by the user.

Cell C5 contains the results of a formula - related to the number in C3

I would like to create X number of random numbers, where X = C5, and all of
the random numbers must be integers between 1 and the value in cell C3

I've tried a few things based on some other posts, and using some sorting,
but haven't been able to do this successfully. Any help / suggestions would
be appreciated.

Thanks.