Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
line line is offline

Default library circulation functions

Hi Tim,

The database is on the same worksheet, yes the same book could appear more
than once on the list if it is returned then checkedout, and the cursor would
be located in the cell that the barcode is to be scanned in to.

"Tim Williams" wrote:

Is the line you show from a "database" on another sheet ? Could the same
book appear more than once in that list ?
Where is the cursor located when you scan the barcode ?

Need a bit more info re. the workflow here.

Tim

"line" wrote in message
What I want to do is to have a cell 'remember' a barcode that has been
used
to indicate that a book has been taken out and then returned. For e.g.,

Barcode Date-Out Requested by Date-In

801010101 07/08/08 J_doe@cc[1]. xxxxxx

The 1st time the barcode is scanned for the item the date will auto
populate cell 2. When it is returned, I want to be able to scan the
barcode and have the 'memory' of that 1st scan auto populate the Date-in
cell (cell 4) all in the same record.