Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Lars Uffmann Lars Uffmann is offline

Default Delete Rows x-n

Gary Keramidas wrote:
you're probably trying to use the wrong program to do what you want.

Let's say my predecessor used the wrong program, and I am reworking
through his crappy coding skills on a production system, so I need the
intermediate step of having a reworked Excel-Sheet work, before
migrating to Access.

just because excel doesn't work for you in this case,

.... doesn't mean Excel is any less crappy *g*

it's probably more suited to a database app than an excel app.

Excel is really just a "database application light". What is your
understanding of an Excel application? However, I don't see how a simple
deletion of a line range is too much to ask of Excel VBA - we're
speaking about Excel freezing for 20-40 seconds here, for a mere 60k
lines. That's ridiculous.

people use the wrong programs to try to solve problems all of the time.

As I said - not my choice, I might eventually migrate it to Access.
For now I've found a workaround.

Best Regards,

Lars