Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bob Umlas, Excel MVP Bob Umlas, Excel MVP is offline

Default Excel VBA AdvancedFilter Question

Have A3 be exactly this:
="=pot"

"Elliott" wrote:

I'm trying to use the AdvancedFilter option to filter some data. For
selecting some search criteria and then filtering it's working fine. Here's
my code for that:

Sheets("PreFilter").Columns("A:B").AdvancedFilter Action:= _
xlFilterCopy, CriteriaRange:=Sheets("Criteria").Range("A2:A3"),
CopyToRange _
:=Columns("A:B"), Unique:=True

I'd like to search with some exceptions. Ie: I'd like to search for 'pot'
without 'potato' coming up. In the Auto-filter, I can do that by saying 'pot'
and excluding 'ato.' What is the equivalent for the Advanced Filter?