Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bernard Liengme Bernard Liengme is offline

Default reference cells related to the current cell

I expect someone will give you advice on OFFSET
However, I would like to point you towards something different

For j =1 to 10
Cells(1, j) =2*j
Next j

will fill A1:J1 with 2,4,6....

Likewise
j = 4
Cells(j,1)=cells(j-1,1) & cells(j-1,2)

will concatenate A3 and B3 into A4

Just remember it is Cells(row, column); the mnemonic 'RC' might mean
something to you.
best wishes

--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"CuriousMark" wrote in message
In a function, how do I reference values in cells offset from the current
cell? For example, I want to concatenate the text in the cells in the two
rows above the cell with the function call. Note that the cell containing
the
function is not necessarily the active cell, so I can't use Activecell to
determine it's row/column. I also haven't been able to figure out how to
use
the Offset function to retrieve the information without also using
Activecell. I'm sure this is easy but I just haven't been able to get it.

Thanks in advance.

CM