Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Niek Otten Niek Otten is offline

Default International/Date issue

If you choose Date in FormatCellsNumber tab, you get a Locale option. So I can choose to have Dutch weekday names in an English
version of Excel.
The option is not available in the NumberCustom dialog.
So I recorded a macro when formatting with a locale, to find out how to set it from VBA. It seems it's not being recorded.
I searched for "locale" in both worksheet and VBA help, but didn't find anything useful.
Google group search didn't help me either.
Does anybody know how to set the locale in a Custom format (I need just the name of the weekday, which is not one of the options
in the Date dialog).
Of course I know there are many worksheet formula solutions, but that's not what I'm looking for right now.

Thanks,

Niek Otten