Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] Internetdomainowner@hotmail.com is offline

Default Get the value of selected text (outside of Excel)?

On Jul 20, 9:16*pm, ML0940 wrote:
OK
I did a Google search.
This link is stright from Microsoft's Web Page
While it is an interesting concept, you are correct, it doesn't look very
stright forward or well explained.
ML

" wrote:
Fellow programmers,

* *This one is driving me up a wall... Is it possible to get the value
of selected text on another program as the value of a textbox on a
userform? If so, how is this done? I've looked into the some API code
for GetWindowText and WM_GETTEXT but I have been very unsuccessful
very quickly. Any thoughts? I appreciate any feed back available.

Thank you in advance!- Hide quoted text -

It's the oddest thing... there is no specific "Starters Guide to
WM_GETTEXT or WM_SENDTEXT... I feel like I did when to a Roman
Catholic wedding (not trying to offend anyone, as I am Christian) --
but that feeling is I'm familar with what's going on but generally
lost with how to do the 'traditions'.

I almost want to start a thread called "WM_GETTEXT / WM_SENDTEXT for
Newbies/Dummies". I found some app that allows me to view the Control
ID (which I assume is the same as me saying UserForm1.Textbox1.Value)
but still there is no answer as to how to use this code or how to
implement it to do something like send the value of textbox1.value to
Control ID titled "text1".

What's amazing is something that is useful as this isn't explained
very well... it's going to be a whole new world if this is explained
by some genious.