Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Captain Nemo Captain Nemo is offline

Default Set Cell.Value to the Formated value

In article ,
Joel wrote:

Hi Joel -

It's tab-delimited, not CSV, but I doubt that makes a difference.

I'll keep plugging...the problem is that the file is created in Excel,
but imported into Notes, and it's Notes that's particular. It leaves
Excel right the first time, but wrong the second time if I have to make
an update instead of an entirely new version.

The question is going to be what Notes does when if gets a field with a
leading apostrophe. I know how to find out ;-)

Thanks.

....best, Capt N.

I'm not sure where the problem lies. You need to open the CSV file with a
text editor (not excel) like using NotePad and check to see the way the data
was saved. Then you can determine the correct way of fixing the problem.

CSV contains no formating, the data is just text with each column seperated
by a comma. Here are some typical solutions

1) If the data was not saved properly then write a macro to save the datz in
the correct format. This is pretty simple.
2) If the data was save properly then change the extension of the file from
CSV to TXT. when a TXT file is opened with excel a pop up Wizard will appear
that lets you select options. Choose Delimited and set the delimiter
character to "Comma" then you can c hoose how each column is formated using
the wizard selections.
3) If the data was save properly then after the file is opened reformat the
column the way you need.
4) Use a templet with the columns formated the way you want. Open the
templet then open the CSV file using the templet.
"Captain Nemo" wrote:

--
Scream and Shout and Jump for Joy! I was here before Kilroy!

Sorry to spoil our little joke. I was here but my computer broke.

....Kilroy