Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter T Peter T is offline

Default If Value is 0, in a named range ??

If your named range refers to more than one cell change
If Sh2bwWV.Value 0 Then

If Sh2bwWV.Value(1, 1) 0 Then

also
If Sh2bw.Offset(0, 1).Value 0 Then

If Sh2bw(1, 1).Offset(0, 1).Value 0 Then

If the named range really only refers to a single cell, one reason for the
error would be if it contains a variable type that will fail when comparing
0, eg an error value

Regards,
Peter T

"ML0940" wrote in message

This topic has likely been covered a 100 times in this forum but I have

been
converting all of my hard coded ranges into named range for the sake of
dynamic use.

However, in this one instance, I am have a hell of a time; I keep getting

type mismatch.

Does anyone see anything wrong with the below code?

Dim Sh2bwWV As Range

Set Sh2bwWV = Range("Sh2billsWValues")

If Sh2bwWV.Value 0 Then
If MsgBox("Do you want to overwrite last week's bills?", vbQuestion +
vbYesNo, "Accounts") = vbYes Then
GoTo Continue
Else
Range("A1").Activate
Exit Sub

------

Also, I am trying the offset method with another named range; this method
works when I copy or move an ofsetted range but not in the below example.
Where I am going wrong?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
ML

If Sh2bw.Offset(0, 1).Value 0 Then
If MsgBox("Do you want to overwrite last week's bills?", vbQuestion +
vbYesNo, "Accounts") = vbYes Then
GoTo Continue
Else
Range("A1").Activate