jwrnana

I have an Order Entry database. Once an order is shipped, I need to
forward all of the following: customer info, order info, ship to
info, product info, order date, invoice date, ship date. I have a
query that contains all of this information and it works fine in
access; however, I need to email the query, some may
have access, others not. Thus, I need to export access database query to
excel.

Going directly from access to excel (analyze with excel), the information
flows through, but the
format is "jumbled." I have to decrease size of rows and columns to
make it legible. Then I need to protect some of the columns as the
end user is to input information into several columns of the
worksheet and email back to me. I then must bring that information
"back" to access.

As you can see, I really do not know which way to go with this. When
I import database query to excel, I do not see all of my queries - in
particular the one that I am needing.

I was thinking a template might work, but if I cannot get all of my
database to excel, it probably will not.

I have windows XP and Excel 2000.

Thanks you

"Bill Manville" wrote in message
Can you give us a better idea of what you are attempting to do?
Also mention which version of Office you are using, please.

The most usual way of "linking" Excel and Access is to run queries in
Excel (Data / Import External Data / New Database Query) to import
selected information from an Access database into an Excel worksheet
where it can be referenced using formulas (e.g. VLOOKUP) elsewhere in
the worksheet.

If you have information in Excel that you want to make available to the
Access database you can create a table in Access that is linked to the
Excel file (File / Get External Data / Link Tables), but I would not
suggest using that as the long term way of dealing with your data -
usually better to import it into Access and keep it there.

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England