Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Ignore First row

Your code is not deleting columns, it is hiding Columns E through G

I guess I don't understand what you mean by "ignoring the top row".

When hiding or deleting columns you cannot ignore the top row or those columns.

Gord

On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 08:48:00 -0700, Bec wrote:

I am trying to hide the entire column. It works fine when I record the macro.
No problem and I don't have to delete the top row. But when I run the macro
it doesn't work. It deletes all my columns. After hours or fiddling I tried
deleting the top row and running the macro again and it worked. But I can't
delete the top row generally as it keeps getting regenerated anyway. So I
need a way to run the macro with ignoring the top row.

It's weird because it does work when I first record the macro so obviously
excel knows to ignore the top row then just not when it reruns the macro

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

You can't hide just part of a column.............all or nothing

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 08:28:01 -0700, Bec wrote:

I am trying to delete some columns programmatically. I have been recording a
macro and then editing the code.

This is the code I am using:
Columns("E:G").Select
Range("E2").Activate
Selection.EntireColumn.Hidden = True

This works fine for the macro. When I go to rerun it, it fails. If I delete
the top merged heading row then it works. This heading gets automatically
created from another program so I can't delete it but I want my code to
ignore the top row when deleting the columns programmatically

I hope I am making myself clear. And I hope that someone can help me out.

Cheers
Bec