Frank Kabel

Hi
if you want for example sum column B try:
=SUMIF(A:A,"your string",B:B)

You may explain WHAT you want to do with the values in column B exactly

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
"mikeyts" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I need to write a formula to operate on numeric values from column B in the
contiguous range of all rows where column A has a specific string value.
Column A is sorted on that string value, ascending. I'm using Excel from
Office Pro 2000.

I'm beginning to think that I need to write some kind of private functions
to find the first and last rows where column A has a specific value.
Before
I perused this forum this morning, I wasn't even aware of private
functions.

-- Mike Scott