Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
KWhamill KWhamill is offline

Default Insert a blank row

Good question.
What follows is the code to delete the empty rows :
Dim LastRow As Long, r As Long
LastRow = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count
LastRow = LastRow + ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Row - 1
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
For r = LastRow To 1 Step -1
If WorksheetFunction.CountA(Rows(r)) = 0 Then Rows(r).Delete
Next r
The code I'm using to put them back is this:
Dim i As Long
Const col As String = "I"

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

For i = Selection.Rows.Count To 2 Step -1
With Cells(i, col)
If .Value < .Offset(-1).Value Then
.EntireRow.Insert
End If
End With
Next i

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

It works but, It isn't porfect and for reasons i don't understand if I use
the With . . .End With statement in the first part it won't work in the
second.
I'll try some of the modifications you're suggestiong though they look
interesting.
Thanks,
Karl

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Or If some one
could help me figure out another way to undo the remove blank row instruction
at the beginning of the code.

Which code would that be.................you did not post any code.

Try this macro.

Sub InsertRow_At_Change()
'Sandy Mann July 1st, 2007
Dim LastRow As Long
Dim X As Long
LastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row
Application.ScreenUpdating = False

For X = LastRow To 3 Step -1
If Cells(X, 1).Value < Cells(X - 1, 1).Value Then
If Cells(X, 1).Value < "" Then
If Cells(X - 1, 1).Value < "" Then
Cells(X, 1).entirerow.Insert Shift:=xlDown
Next X
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 12:10:06 -0700, KWhamill
wrote:

This sounds silly, I have a spreadsheet sorted by column I which is text, all
i need to do is insert a blank row inbetween the changes. Or If some one
could help me figure out another way to undo the remove blank row instruction
at the beginning of the code.
respectfully,
Karl