Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Premanand Sethuraman Premanand Sethuraman is offline

Default Locking / Unlocking Cell with out Protection/ Unprotection of Shee

Dear all,
Presently, I am doing a VB Coding for a Worksheet in which I want to control
the sheet. I just want to know if there is any possibility of locking or
unlocking the cells with out Unprotect/Protect Commands.
For example, In Cell A1, if I select "Boiler"(from drop down list), then
Cells A2,A3 and A4 should be locked so that user cannot write anything over
there. Suppose if I select "Kiln",in A1, immediately the cells A2,A3,A4
should be unlocked. The problem I am facing is like this..

Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal h1 As Range)
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
If h1.Row = 12 And h1.Column <= 7 Then
If h1.Value = "Boiler" Then
Range(Cells(13, h1.Column), Cells(15, h1.Column)).Locked = True
Else
Range(Cells(13, h1.Column), Cells(15, h1.Column)).Locked = False

My program is protected already by default and the password is around 45
characters. Hence I do not wanrt to put the protect / unprotect command in
the above coding. Is it possible to use any application events for performing
the above coding successfully.

Regards,
Premanand S