Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Stefi Stefi is offline

Default retrieving rowlevels

Thanks, Dave, I hoped Excel provides a simple answer to this question. The
only key I found in Help was OutlineLevel property and I hardly beleived that
one has to scan all cells to retrieve this information.

Anyway, I'm going to use your code, you have spared some time for me.

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Dave Peterson€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

I think you're going to have to loop through the cells to find it.

I saved this from a longgggggg time ago. Maybe it'll give you an idea.

Option Explicit
Sub testme99()
Dim myRange As Range
Dim myCell As Range
Dim maxLevel As Long

With ActiveSheet
Set myRange = Intersect(.Columns(1), .UsedRange) _
.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible)

maxLevel = 0
For Each myCell In myRange.Cells
If myCell.EntireRow.OutlineLevel maxLevel Then
maxLevel = myCell.EntireRow.OutlineLevel
End If
Next myCell

End With
MsgBox "Largest visible level: " & maxLevel

End Sub

It just cycles through the visible cells in column A and checks to see if that's
the biggest one found.

Stefi wrote:

Hi All,

How can I tetrieve rowlevels last set?
E.g.

After executing
ActiveSheet.Outline.ShowLevels RowLevels:=3
I want to retrieve 3.

Thanks,
Stefi

--