Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mike Fogleman[_2_] Mike Fogleman[_2_] is offline

Default confused and confounded!

Have her save it to her hard drive before she opens it and tries to run the
macro. When you open a file directly from email it will save it to a temp
folder and then open it. That will sometimes append a (1) to the file name
that the macro doesn't match to. Using ThisWorkbook should cure that
scenario also.

Mike F
"salgud" wrote in message
I created a macro, with some help here, and sent it to another office
across the state. When she tries to run it on that computer, she gets a
runtime error that it doesn't recognize the object on this line:

Set wbTribal = Workbooks("Tribal template.xls")

wbTribal is dimmed as a workbook.

The workbook is "Tribal template.xls". It's like it can't find itself. How
can this be? I emailed it to another computer in my office, and it works
fine. She is running a different version of Windoze (I'm on 2000 here,
she's on XP) and a different version of XL, but the computer I send it to
in my office is XP and the same version of XL that she has. Can someone
tell me how a file can't recognize itself because it's on a different
computer?