Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
salgud salgud is offline

Default confused and confounded!

On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 13:43:08 -0700, Keithlo wrote:

There is also a Trim function in Excel that will remove leading and trailing
spaces.

Keith

"salgud" wrote:

I created a macro, with some help here, and sent it to another office
across the state. When she tries to run it on that computer, she gets a
runtime error that it doesn't recognize the object on this line:

Set wbTribal = Workbooks("Tribal template.xls")

wbTribal is dimmed as a workbook.

The workbook is "Tribal template.xls". It's like it can't find itself. How
can this be? I emailed it to another computer in my office, and it works
fine. She is running a different version of Windoze (I'm on 2000 here,
she's on XP) and a different version of XL, but the computer I send it to
in my office is XP and the same version of XL that she has. Can someone
tell me how a file can't recognize itself because it's on a different
computer?

thanks for your reply. Got it working with "Thisworkbook".