Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
BSc Chem Eng Rick[_2_] BSc Chem Eng Rick[_2_] is offline

Default Copyin Formulas containg Names

I created a spreadsheet in an older version of Microsoft Excel (can't
remember exactly which one). The sheet contains formulas that use names to
refer to specific arrays, constants etc. Previously I was able to copy the
formula and it would retain the names. In the new Excel (2007) when I copy
the fomula, instead of the name being copied, the cell references are copied.
Furthermore, the references copy as relative references instead of absolute
references as they are defined in the names. When I try and edit the formula
the names automatically revert to their respective references (again
relative). I have tried retyping formulas from scratch with the names, same
problem. I have tried deleting an redefining the names, same problem. I then
created a new sheet in the same workbook and started using the names
arbitrarily in formulas (the names all ahve global scope to the entire
workbook) and then copying then to random cells. In this new sheet the
formulas retain the names and give the correct answers? Is there some strange
sheet property/option that I am overlooking?