Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter T Peter T is offline

Default Multiple Office Versions

whichever version of Excel that I used last is what
Windows would open an xls file with

I assume by that you mean, with multiple versions running, clicking on an
xls from file will load in the last active instance. Otherwise I assume,
with no instances running the file will open in whichever version is
registered as the current version, typically the last installed.

Are you saying for example, with an old version of Excel running and Excel
2007 not running, when you click on an xls it will open in a new instance of
Excel 2007.

Regards,
Peter T

"AG" wrote in message
I have multple versions of Office installed on my machine. Prior to Office
2007, whichever version of Excel that I used last is what Windows would

open
an xls file with. E.G. If I last used Excel 2003, then opened Windows
Explorer and double click on an xls file, it would open in Excel 2003.
Now that I have installed Office 2007, an xls file is ALWAYS opened with
Excel 2007. This is not desirable.
Is there any way I can get the 'old' behavior back?

Thanks,

--

AG
Email: discussATadhdataDOTcom