Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Greg Snidow Greg Snidow is offline

Default Trim function in macro

Got it to work. Changed...

Trim(Cells(x, 1)).Value to...
Trim(Cells(x,1).Value)

"Greg Snidow" wrote:

everyone. I saw a good, basic into to macros on the Microsoft site, and one
of the macros I found particularly useful was the one to concatanate two
columns into one. I got it to work nicely, until on some data, the new
concatanated column would have multiple spaces, probably because the data
came from a database field with fixed length. Anyhow, I tried to introduce
the Trim function in the macro, but it does not work. Can anyone help me to
eliminate multiple white spaces between the two values to be concatanated?
Below is the macro as I am trying to use it, and it works fine if you take
out the trims.

Sub Concatanate()

x = 2
Do While Cells(x, 1).Value < ""
Cells(x, 3).Value = Trim(Cells(x, 1)).Value + " " + Trim(Cells(x,
2)).Value
x = x + 1
Loop

End Sub