Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Per Jessen[_2_] Per Jessen[_2_] is offline

Default Inserting Values into an existing Row

On 15 Jul., 17:29, Carlee wrote:
Good Morning All,
I have a staff member at an external site that sends me a sheet with data
(25 columns, in a single row, with a unique date0. *I have a master book here
at my office, *that I enter a new row in each day. *I want to be able to
import the data sent to me from site, and insert the data into the
appropriate columns, for the specific date. *Several days often go by, before
i get the sheet from site, so the code needs to be able to find the right
date and insert the data into the correct colomns.

How can I do this?
--
Carlee

Hi Carlee

You need macro to do the job.

You have a master book where you enter a date in column XX ?

Will there be more than one row of data in the sheet from site than
needs to be copied to appropiate row?

Once the right row is found, can data be pasted into master book as
one range or does it has to be pasted as several ranges?

Regards,
Per