Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mark Stephens Mark Stephens is offline

Default Mysterious dynamic chart (that suddenly isn't!) issue

Hi,

I have been slaving over some code to insert values into a source sheet for
a pie chart that is dynamic (a la Mr Pearson's offset formula).

I was just about to pop the champagne when I got it working, and excel
decided to dampen my celebration by disabling the chart completely!!!! Mucho
annoying...

I have deleted the offending chart sheet and inserted a new chart form
scratch, redefined the source to the named ranges defined in the formula -
names dialogue, and seen the chart in all its glory.

After taking the champagne off ice I made the mistake of running the code
once more and guess what??? The chart stared back at me with a featureless
desert of blue, no segments relected at all despite the chart source
admantly asserting it is reflecting the named ranges. I assure you it is
lying!!!! Can someone please help.

Kind regards, Mark