R.VENKATARAMAN

this is possible perhaps if you create an event macro for < thisworkbook.
open vb editor (alt+F11)
hit control+r(if the vb project window is not opern)
click the particular workbook or file
right click <thisworkbook
click view code

introduce this macro
=========
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Range("a1").Select
End Sub
===================
save the workbook.

everytime you open this workbook A1 will be highlighted.

--
remove $$$ from email addresss to send email

"nsv" wrote in message

I need the cursor to be in a specific cell when opening the workbook.
Easily done whith a small macro, but I'd prefer not to have any
pushbuttons; just go to the cell when the workbook is opened.
I guess it is peace of cake for most of you, but I can't find anything
usefull about automatic macros in the help text.

By the way, when talking macros and VB and Excel - what is the
definition of workbook? worksheet? file? spreadsheet?

--
nsv
nsv's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=402070