Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter T Peter T is offline

Default ***Cell Shading (Fill Color)***

I would have thought the most obvious thing to do, if user should not change
the cell at all, is to protect the sheet with those cells locked. However if
user is allowed to amend formulas you could use Conditional formats.

First select cell A1 ( * important * )
Ctrl-F3, Define name
Name: NotFormula
Refersto: =LEFT(GET.CELL(41,A1),1)<"="

Select your Formula cells you want coloured if they are changed to a non
formula, ie do not start with an "="

Format, Conditional formats, select "Formula Is" in the left dropdown and
this formula
=NotFormula

(I'm sure there must be some simpler function to indicate if the cell is a
formula, but off the top of my head I can't think what it might be).

Regards,
Peter T

"Steve" wrote in message
Hi all,

I need some help. I'm looking for a way to do this. I have columns with
formulas. And sometimes those formulas in a particular cell or 2 are
overwritten with a "hard" number. Is it possible to somehow make it so

that
when someone changes the cell to a number that it turns the cell yellow
automatically?

Please help.

Thank you!!