Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_2315_] Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_2315_] is offline

Default delete sheet

You could use code like this to delete your worksheet and any Names
referencing it...

Sub DeleteSheetAndItsNames()
Dim N As Name
Dim WS As String
WS = "Sheet3"
For Each N In ThisWorkbook.Names
If Mid(Split(N.RefersTo, "!")(0), 2) = WS Then N.Delete
Next
Worksheets(WS).Delete
End Sub

Just change the worksheet name reference or, better still maybe, make it a
Variant argument to the subroutine (then you can specify the worksheet name
or number) so that your code can call it and specify the worksheet name or
number when doing so. You can then, of course, bolster it up with some error
checking.

Rick

"ranswrt" wrote in message
I have a procedure to delete a sheet in a workbook. All the named cells in
that sheet gets deleted. When I use the 'F3' to paste the list of named
cells, the cells in the sheet that was deleted appear in it. Do I need to
delete the named cells before I delete the sheet?

Thanks