Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Kataklist Kataklist is offline

Default Highly specific Exell Problem

Ok here it goes, I am currently working with an Excell sheet that is sent to
me daily with updated values and I am running a macro over this sheet in
Windows NT! There the macro works fine but when i try to reprogram the
procedure into Windows XP it wont work. I have by now figured out the reason
for this: The file that is sent to me has several formulars on cells, that
are not defined on my machine therefor if i open the excell sheet in XP it
will enter "#NAME?" into the concerning cells. On NT however it doesnt do so,
as it does not seem to execute the formulars on load, but simply keeps the
values with which the file was last saved.
Ok, so what i need to know is, can i somehow in VB or in some hidden
properties, tell Exel not to execute the formulars but keep the old values in
place??
Beware i dont mean links or tables or webquieries of any kind just formulars
in the cells.
I have also thought about a workaround already which is ok but not ideal, as
i could simply save the exel file as a text file on the NT machine and then
work with that textfile in XP, it does not help me getting away from NT
though.

Thanks a million for any suggestions