Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ChrisP ChrisP is offline

Default Push updates to other workbooks?

I have a master workbook and 5 different workbooks that have links to the
master workbook. I have to password protect my master workbook as it has
salaries and not everyone should be allowed to see those. I would like to
make an update to the master workbook and have the update be "pushed down"
into the other workbooks, can this be done?

I don't want users to open the other workbooks and select update because
they then need to know the password to the master workbook, which would mute
the point of having the master workbook being password protected.

Thanks!!!