Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default help with Application.EnvelopeVisible

Good evening

Copy this in the Thisworkbook module of your MAIN workbook
If you close the workbook you create and your workbook MAIN will be active again it
remove the mail headers.

Private Sub Workbook_Activate()
ThisWorkbook.EnvelopeVisible = False

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Ron de Bruin" wrote in message ...
No time today to look at your problem

Party time today with 200 people( my wife 40e birthday) so no time today.
After cleaning up the mess tomorrow I will look at your problem

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

wrote in message ...
Yes I do.

Here's whats happening.
In workbook MAIN in module1 theres a sub that creates a new workbook
using a class thanks to DOUG he
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...b3867cdc887b82

Add new workbook and copy/paste values and formats.
This report is going to be emailed to other people and I dont want to
have the formulas or code included (among other reasons to keep the
file small).
I dont think any of that code has any bearing to the problem, but if
you feel otherwise I can post it. (its a mess).

At the end of the sub I tried to use:

Application.EnableEvents = True
Application.CommandBars.FindControl(ID:=3738).Exec ute
'ActiveWorkbook.EnvelopeVisible = True
On Error Resume Next
' With ActiveSheet.MailEnvelope
'.Introduction = "This is a sample worksheet."
'.Item.To = "E-Mail_Address_Here"
' .Item.Subject = "Tracker, " + ActiveSheet.Range("C2").Value
' .Item.display
' End With

As you can see I've been playing with this.

If I send an email, or if I close the sheet on the newly created
workbook then it works fine, no problems.
The problem is when the Excel close button is used on the title bar
(the button to close excel)
Unfortunately not all people are computer savy and they will click
that button to close the sheet.

What happens is that the Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As
Boolean) in the THISWORKBOOK of the Main workbook is called and this
where I this problem happens.
This is the code that I have

'If Report is not open then close workbook
If ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Settings").Range("J25").Value = "NONE" Then
'MsgBox "Hello"
ActiveWorkbook.Save
ActiveWorkbook.Close SaveChanges:=False
Else
'Report is open, close sendemail and delete report workbook .
'MsgBox ActiveWorkbook.Name
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
Application.EnableEvents = True
Application.CommandBars.FindControl(ID:=3738).Exec ute
'ActiveWorkbook.EnvelopeVisible = False

'Workbooks(ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Settings").Range(" J25").Value).EnvelopeVisible
= False
'Application.ScreenUpdating = False
'Cancel = True
'Sheets("Settings").Range("J25").Value = "NONE"
'ActiveWorkbook.Close SaveChanges:=False
'Exit Sub
End If

Do you think you can help me?
Cheers

On Jul 12, 1:09 pm, "Ron de Bruin" wrote:
Show us your complete mail code

Btw: do you have the same problem with