Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Problem of Inserting worksheet

Why not make a workbook with 80 blank sheets, then just copy the cells from
the results sheet to each sheet as you run your tests. When pasting, use
pastespecial xlValues on each sheet.

Tom Ogilvy

"jwang036" wrote:

Hi, I have a model generating some result (the final sheet is called
"Result") and I need to do 80 different tests. After each test I take out
the "result' sheet and put it into a summary file (LTP) and name the sheet
name as the test code. I use the following script. The LTP file has a start
sheet (sheet1). I copy that sheet1 and copy paste the result onto it then do
the next one. It works fine then stops after about 20 sheets. I can't even
manaully copy one more sheet (you know the drag-and-copy an existing sheet).
Any idea why? and how can I keep inserting work sheets. Thanks.

'Start the loop,from the 1st store of inputs
For RowNum = 1 To 80
Windows("LTP").Activate
Sheets("Sheet1").Copy After:=Sheets(1)

......Skip the generating result put......

'take out result sheet ,copy & paste value and change "Result" to test
code

Sheets("Result").Select
Cells.Select
Selection.Copy

Windows("LTP.xls").Activate
Cells.Select

Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues

Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteFormats

Sheets("Sheet1 (2)").Name = TestCode

Next RowNum