Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
MattyO MattyO is offline

Default Get Date from one cell to format another, then...

Rick,

I'm very new at this. Can you provide me all the code?

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote:

Assuming you want a more general solution involving columns rather than a
single instance. Using your posted samples, select Column D and use Format
Cells with this custom format pattern, "mmm-yy" (assuming your example
incorrectly shows a 4-digit year when your text description said you want a
2-digit year), then select Columns F thru L and use Format Cells to custom
format them using this custom format pattern, "mmm-yyyy". Next, put this
formula in D1...

=IF(A1<"",A1,"")

Then put this formula in F1...

=IF(A1<"",A1,"")

And put this formula in G1 and *copy* it across to L1...

=IF(A1<"",F1+1,"")

Then select D1 and F1 thru L1 and *copy* them down as far as you like.

Rick

"MattyO" wrote in message
I want to take/copy/whatever? the date from a particular cell in the format
DD-MMM-YYYY, from there I want to format that date into MMM-YY into
another
cell. After that has been complete, take that formatted date and auto
fill 6
more columns with the past 6 months.

Another way to look at it:

(Take Cell A1) 18-JUN-2008 (Format Cell D1 like this) JUN-2008 (Then
auto fill F1:L1)JUN-2008 to JAN-2008

Please help.