Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gary Brown[_4_] Gary Brown[_4_] is offline

Default UDF is not executing

Besides what Niek has said, you may be calling your UDF an 'illegal' name
that Excel is already using. For example, creating a udf called 'TEXT' or
'FORMAT' or 'VLOOKUP' (i.e. reserved words) is not a good thing and will
bring unexpected results.
--
Hope this helps.
If this post was helpfull, please remember to click on the ''''YES''''

"Chris" wrote:

I have an custom add-in that has a number of subroutines and UDFs. The
subroutines seem to run fine, but some UDFs are returning #VALUE.

At first I thought it was an error in the program so I set a break point on
the first line of code in the function to determine what the error might
be... however the code isn't making it there.

If I change the name of the function by adding an "a" to the front it works
fine.

Please help -- I have no idea where the conflict is.

Thanks in advance,