Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
christian_spaceman christian_spaceman is offline

Default Web query returned no data - turn off annoying message pop ups!

Thanks for your replies guys. I don't think I was recreating the web
query multiple times - as that code I posted was only run once (at the
very beginning of the spreadsheet), and then set to update itself
without any further vba running. It was running into problems with a
network connection to yahoo I imagine (causing the annoying pop
up...).

I've now changed it, so that refreshperiod is set to zero (so no
automatic refreshing). I've then got another function which refreshes
all the querys in the workbook, and application.ontime's itself for
one minute in the futre - so the effect is the same. The difference
being that I can use on error resume next as suggested above. This
appears, so far, to be doing the trick.

Don - I'll pbly end up using your workbook, but I'm just messing about
at the minute for a bit of fun, and as I may use this workbook for
real in the future, I'd like to at least have a crack at writing it
myself :)

Thanks again,

Chris

On Jul 11, 2:49*pm, "Don Guillett" wrote:
It appears that you may be creating new queries. If desired, send your
workbook to me for a look. You may want to go here and download a free file
of mine to download. 200 stocks with one mouse click.
* * * goto
* * *
* * * and look in the files section. There are several free files.
* * * I have a couple of free files under author donalb36

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
"christian_spaceman" wrote in message

Hi all,

I've googled this a few times, but can't appear to find a solution.

I've just set up a spreadsheet which imports stock information. This
uses a webquery, refresehd once a minute, which is added through vba
and pasted below (bit horrible as it was recorded).

The stock name is in stockCell.value

Every so often, an error message pops up with "This web query returned
with no data... blah blah blah". Everything stops until I respond with
"OK" to this. Given that I want the macro to run constantly without my
babysitting it, it would be very useful to be able to turn this off.

Does anyone know how to do it? All I can think of is
application.displayalerts = false. I've put this in workbook_open and
it makes no difference. Given tha the web queries update automatically
once a minute, I'm not sure where to tackle this in the vba

Many thanks in advance,

Chris

ith ThisWorkbook.Sheets(stockCell.Value).QueryTables.A dd(Connection:=
_
* * * * * * * *"URL;http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q?s=" &
stockCell.Value, Destination:=Range("A10"))
* * * * * * * *.Name = "q?s=" & stockCell.Value & "_1"
* * * * * * * *.FieldNames = True
* * * * * * * *.RowNumbers = False
* * * * * * * *.FillAdjacentFormulas = False
* * * * * * * *.PreserveFormatting = True
* * * * * * * *.RefreshOnFileOpen = False
* * * * * * * *.BackgroundQuery = True
* * * * * * * *.RefreshStyle = xlInsertDeleteCells
* * * * * * * *.SavePassword = False
* * * * * * * *.SaveData = True
* * * * * * * *.AdjustColumnWidth = True
* * * * * * * *.RefreshPeriod = 1
* * * * * * * *.WebSelectionType = xlSpecifiedTables
* * * * * * * *.WebFormatting = xlWebFormattingNone
* * * * * * * *.WebTables = "9,13,15"
* * * * * * * *.WebPreFormattedTextToColumns = True
* * * * * * * *.WebConsecutiveDelimitersAsOne = True
* * * * * * * *.WebSingleBlockTextImport = False
* * * * * * * *.WebDisableDateRecognition = False
* * * * * * * *.WebDisableRedirections = False
* * * * * * * *.Refresh BackgroundQuery:=False
* * * * * *End With ' end of With
ThisWorkbook.Sheets(StockCell.Value).QueryTables.A dd(Connection:= _- Hide quoted text -