Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default Seperate date from text

Have you tried
Datatext to columnsfixed width (if all dates are the same length)

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"dnr" wrote in message
Hello!

I really appreciate any help on this. I am sent files weekly that contain
column with the a date and text and I need to seperate them into two
columns.
Examples of values in the columns a
05/04/2008 day
05/05/2008 night
05/07/2008 day
05/08/2008 day

etc.

The text values are always only day or night but the dates are constantly
changing. I already have a macro that will put day or night in a column
next
to it based on the cell value but the original column remains the same.
Any
suggestions on how to write a macro to do this?

Thanks