Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
christian_spaceman christian_spaceman is offline

Default Web query returned no data - turn off annoying message pop ups!

Hi all,

I've googled this a few times, but can't appear to find a solution.

I've just set up a spreadsheet which imports stock information. This
uses a webquery, refresehd once a minute, which is added through vba
and pasted below (bit horrible as it was recorded).

The stock name is in stockCell.value

Every so often, an error message pops up with "This web query returned
with no data... blah blah blah". Everything stops until I respond with
"OK" to this. Given that I want the macro to run constantly without my
babysitting it, it would be very useful to be able to turn this off.

Does anyone know how to do it? All I can think of is
application.displayalerts = false. I've put this in workbook_open and
it makes no difference. Given tha the web queries update automatically
once a minute, I'm not sure where to tackle this in the vba

Many thanks in advance,

Chris

ith ThisWorkbook.Sheets(stockCell.Value).QueryTables.A dd(Connection:=
_
"URL;http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q?s=" &
stockCell.Value, Destination:=Range("A10"))
.Name = "q?s=" & stockCell.Value & "_1"
.FieldNames = True
.RowNumbers = False
.FillAdjacentFormulas = False
.PreserveFormatting = True
.RefreshOnFileOpen = False
.BackgroundQuery = True
.RefreshStyle = xlInsertDeleteCells
.SavePassword = False
.SaveData = True
.AdjustColumnWidth = True
.RefreshPeriod = 1
.WebSelectionType = xlSpecifiedTables
.WebFormatting = xlWebFormattingNone
.WebTables = "9,13,15"
.WebPreFormattedTextToColumns = True
.WebConsecutiveDelimitersAsOne = True
.WebSingleBlockTextImport = False
.WebDisableDateRecognition = False
.WebDisableRedirections = False
.Refresh BackgroundQuery:=False
End With ' end of With
ThisWorkbook.Sheets(StockCell.Value).QueryTables.A dd(Connection:= _