Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
IBT Employee IBT Employee is offline

Default Variable Command for VBA in Excel

Good Morning Everyone,

I have a question for you VBA Experts out there. I'm trying to organize data
through color coding using the "For Each" loop, and I'm wondering if there is
a command that can define a variable?

For Example, a product number we have is D0000200, but there is another
product number that is D00002001. Both of these products are in the same
group, despite having different numbers.

I'm wondering if VBA can discriminate (or if there is a code that can act as
a variable, such as X in a simple math problem) the "D0000" portion of the
code and look expressly at the "200" or "2001" expression?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

~Fernando, IBT Employee