Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Susan Susan is offline

Default **Pop-up message prompting for user information**

ok. this checks the cell to see if there's a formula. if so, it adds
data validation using the username and the date and the input box
reason for override. hope it helps!!!
=======================
Option Explicit

Dim sReason As String
Dim sUser As String
Dim dDate As Date
Dim sStatus As String

If Target.HasFormula Then

Application.EnableEvents = False
' MsgBox "It's a formula"
sReason = InputBox("Enter the reason for the override.")
dDate = Date
sUser = Environ("username")
sStatus = dDate & ", " & sReason
With Target.Validation
.Add Type:=xlValidateInputOnly, AlertStyle:=xlValidAlertStop,
Operator _
:=xlBetween
.IgnoreBlank = True
.InCellDropdown = True
.InputTitle = sUser
.ErrorTitle = ""
.InputMessage = sStatus
.ErrorMessage = ""
.ShowInput = True
.ShowError = True
End With

Else
'MsgBox "It's a number or blank"
End If

Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub
=========================
:)
susan

On Jul 10, 9:30*am, Steve wrote:
This may be tricky, but I hope it can be done.

I'm looking to create a pop-up box that when a user overrides a formula by
entering a "hard" number a pop-up will appear. *Once this pop-up appears I
would like it to ask for

User name: *
Reason for Override:

I'm pretty sure this is all possible. *The real trick then comes into play
next. *What I want to do with this information is have it stored there so
that when i click on a cell that has been overriden it will pop-up with a box
that tells me who overrode it and all the other above information.

I am new at writing code, I have just started exploring this world earlier
this week and any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Steve