Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
will07 will07 is offline

Default Session Times

Geoff,

The code worked OK, however both times are current (the same). I was
thinking after I wrote in, it would be great to have a ticking clock in range
B1:B2 to let the user know how long the session is taking. The range A1:A2
(start of session) works great. I need to get the user thinking how long
he/she is spending on 1 job.

The history does not matter, and the session time need not be archived,
although it would help.

Thanks

"Geoff K" wrote:

try something like this

put this into your ThisWorkBook module
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
With Sheets(1)
.Range("A1") = "Wbook opened at:"
.Range("A2") = Format(Now, "dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss")
End With

With Sheets(1)
.Range("B1") = "Last closed at:"
.Range("B2") = Format(Now, "dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss")
End With
End Sub

hth

Geoff K

"will07" wrote:

Hello All,

Is it possible to add some code into a file that will show the session time
(in a cell)that a file is open or has been used.

thanks