Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default VBA Function Not Recognized or Execution Issue

Did you allow macros to run when you opened the workbook?

If the function is in the correct spot, then maybe it's a macro security issue.

John Barr wrote:

I have an excel VBA Function and it used to work fine in Office 2003. In
2007, it doesnt. I get an error #name. All it does is cycle through 1 column,
comparing the date value to determine if its between the date range passed
in, if it is, it scans the next column and determines if a date exists, if
not, it tallies a count of it and returns the total of those records without
a date in the 2nd column. Here is the code.

Function CalcOpen(ByVal vBegin, ByVal vEnd)
'Application.Volatile (True)
Dim sCell, iTot, sCells

iTot = 0

For Each oCell In Worksheets("Requests").Range("A2:A1000").Cells
If oCell.Value = DateValue(vBegin) And oCell.Value <=
DateValue(vEnd) Then
sCell = "B" + Mid(oCell.Address, 4)
If IsNull(Worksheets("Requests").Range(sCell).Cells.V alue) Or
IsEmpty(Worksheets("Requests").Range(sCell).Cells. Value) Then
iTot = iTot + 1
Next
CalcOpen = iTot
End Function